\

Pages

Film Photography Explained



The Analogs
The Analogs by Miss Wander Girl

I lived through the age of film photography. Watching this video from Buzzfeed pretty much sums up my 90's experience of film photos. 

Going through our family photos, one could notice chronological gaps:
  1. There was a time when we can't afford to develop a film because it's expensive. I remember just buying the 12 shot films because it was cheaper than the 24 and 36. It's also cheaper when developed. Those were the times that we need to at least have some "remembrance" of a family moment. 
  2. Our camera (Canon Pixma) has a different kind of battery and it was expensive. And difficult to find.
  3. As for my personal issues, I was fat so my face looks siopao. I have no idea yet of "angles". There came a time that I lost weight and my chin didn't compliment my face (I hate the shitty body image disturbance era in my teenage years!). Most of the time, I refuse for a solo picture. I was too hard on myself back then (sheesh!). If I had known what I know now siguro mas madami akong good memories.
I can't delete, redo nor see the photo after shooting.  Selfies are a big no-no and a total waste of frames. My dream camera back then was a Polaroid.

I learned about re-copying photos by borrowing the films used. It's  a cheap alternative but photos are likely to be darker in shade. It was a complete hassle when others want to borrow the film as well. Patience was not my greatest virtue back then. Sometimes, I just don't bother following up and leave it.

That's why I'm thankful for digital photography (I think relieved is the most appropriate word it). It has its pros and cons. On a personal level , it has stopped the chronological gap of remembering our special moments and memories. 





XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment